||£26,922 per annum
||Bloomsbury and Orsman Road, London
SDCELAR Senior Administrator
Africa, Oceania and the Americas
Fixed term 2 years
£26,922 per annum
Application deadline: 12:00pm (midday) Wednesday 28th September 2022
The British Museum is looking to recruit a Senior Administrator to provide support to the Santo Domingo Centre of Excellence for Latin American Research (SDCELAR), taking responsibility for the management of budgets and finances, Health and Safety, overseas travel and event management whilst also facilitating access to the Museum’s Central and South American collections. Fluency in Spanish would be an important asset in this role.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervision and management of SDCELAR budgets and finances under the direction of SDCELAR, maintaining accurate accounts.
- Administration of planning logistics for visiting research fellow from Latin American institutions to SDCELAR in the British Museum.
- Management of SDCELAR activities and events.
- Co-ordinate overseas travel with associated risk assessments.
- Support Centre in their preparations for collection visits and facilitate access to the Museum’s Central and South American collections by Centre staff and visiting fellows, including academics, source communities and artists.
- Arrange import of acquisitions as required and ensure acquisitions reports to Finance are up to date.
- Ensure Health and Safety documentation is completed as required and SDCELAR has a safe environment.
- Education: Completed secondary education. A degree or knowledge of the history and geography of Latin America is desirable but not essential.
- Strong organisational, time management liaison and collaboration skills.
- Previous administrative experience of database systems including finance management
- Ability to work in a small team with a positive approach to problem solving
- Good written communication skills
About the British Museum:
Founded in 1753, the British Museum’s remarkable collection spans over two million years of human history and culture. The Museum is one of the leading visitor attractions and its world-famous collection includes the Rosetta Stone, the Parthenon sculptures, Egyptian mummies, the Admonitions Scroll, and the Amaravati sculptures.
The Museum offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Membership of the civil service pension scheme
- Free entry to a wide range of museums and exhibitions
- Participation in private and public Museum activities, including talks by leading curators from around the world and behind-the-scenes opportunities to learn how museums care for and manage their extraordinary collections
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Interest-free travel, bicycle and rental deposit loans
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts on food and gift shop purchases
Download full job description here.